Information on the continuity of Town and Village Operations
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Town Clerk, Town Administrator, and Village Manager are taking prompt action to mitigate the spread of the virus. As a precaution, the Municipal Office is closed to the public effective March 17th until further notice. Staff is available to assist by phone and email. Full Document for Municipal Office.
- The Town and Village are following the workplace safety guidelines provided by the CDC and have taken the further step to perform operations in shifts when possible. We believe that this will help us avoid having all of our work crews become infected at once. Please be patient as some operations may take more time to complete than normal as a result of this measure.
- Please reference Covid-19 Utility Update for current Village utility operations information. The Village also asks you to Please Help Protect the Sewer System by not flushing anything other than toilet paper.
- The Selectboard took the action of delaying the late fee for registering dogs to May 1st. If the Town office is still closed as May 1st approaches, the Selectboard may extend the date again. During this time, if your dog has a current rabies vaccine we can license your dog right now. Put a copy of the rabies vaccine and the fee ($9 for spayed/neutered or $13 otherwise) in an envelope in the drop box and we will mail the license to you.
- We have lifted the burn ban and resumed normal and routine procedure for issuing burn permits. Please contact Gordon Smith, Fire Warden: 635-7550 or Gary Underwood, Assistant Fire Warden: 635-7553 to obtain a permit. Please help protect our firefighters during this time of crisis and manage any burning with caution.
- The SkatePark and all park structures are now closed until further notice. Signs are now posted and the locations are being monitored. The Lamoille County Sheriffs officers will help enforce these safety rules, which were developed with the Johnson Emergency Management team.
- Green Up Day has been delayed until at least May 30 across the State.
- The Johnson Playground equipment is closed until further notice. We are following recommendations from the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and CDC with regard to public playgrounds and play structures.
- Town volunteer groups may meet remotely. Please see the notices and agendas for individual groups for information to connect remotely.