Information on Local Food Resources
- The Johnson Elementary School will continue to make and supply food for children in need. Read Bullet points message to families – Dismissal Meals.
- Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver food to those in need. They can also assist in signing up eligible community members who have not yet received assistance. See their website for more information.
- The Johnson Food Shelf offers the following update:
The Johnson Food Shelf encourages everyone who needs help with getting enough nutritious food to come and visit us. We offer a variety of fresh vegetables, frozen meats and pantry foods such as canned fruits, vegetables, pasta sauces, etc. We are open Tuesday and Friday, from 9:00-12:00 and Wednesday, 4:00-6:00. We are following current public health guidelines to keep our volunteers and patrons safe. The food shelf is at 661 Railroad Street in Johnson and the phone number is 635-9003.
- “If anyone would like to volunteer please call the Food Shelf at 635-9003. For potential volunteers we will be using the most current CDC and or VT Health Department guidelines for our clients health and your safety, Thank you for your patience during this trying time.”
- Our local Sterling Market has implemented safe hours for high risk shoppers. They are asking customers to help them reserve 7AM to 8AM for individuals in high risk pools. Read their statement on their Facebook page here.
- Our address is 611 Railroad St.