Information on Local Food Security
- The Johnson Elementary School will continue to make and supply food for children in need. Read Bullet points message to families – Dismissal Meals.
- Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver food to those in need. They can also assist in signing up eligible community members who have not yet received assistance. See their website for more information.
- The Johnson Food Shelf offers the following update:
- “The Johnson Food Shelf will have only curbside service starting Wednesday, March 18. Clients will not be allowed to come inside. We will have nonperishable food bagged up and will meet people on the porch. This will be done using CDC social distancing, (the six foot rule) protocol. We will provide perishable items that clients need as they are available. Our hours will be the same, Tuesday and Friday, 9:00-12:00 and Wednesday, 4:00-6:00. Calling ahead would be helpful, 635-9003. We are sorry for any inconvenience during this time but the safety of our clients and staff are our primary concern.
- “If anyone would like to volunteer please call the Food Shelf at 635-9003, or Lillian White at 635-2294. For potential volunteers we will be using the most current CDC and or VT Health Department guidelines for our clients health and your safety, Thank you for your patience during this trying time.”
- Our local Sterling Market has implemented safe hours for high risk shoppers. They are asking customers to help them reserve 7AM to 8AM for individuals in high risk pools. Ready their statement on their Facebook page here.